Saturday, November 29, 2008

Gavin's Dental Surgery

Gavin was so brave for his dental surgery. We're good about brushing, but not so much with the flossing, so Gavin had a couple of bad cavities between his molars and the dentist thought it would be easier to put Gavin under anesthesia to fix it. Otherwise, it would have taken at least three visits to the dentist to fix it with lots of shots and drilling that would probably scare Gavin into not wanting to go back to the dentist for regular cleanings. I was so nervous, and Gavin was so brave and did a great job. Here he is waking up from the anesthesia enjoying sipping on his soda and watching the Disney Channel. I was so glad when it was all done!

1 comment:

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

wow, what a brave boy! I'm so waiting for the ax to fall for us on the brushing thing too! I know a lot of kids that go in for anetheseia for cavities now, it's probably a really good idea!