Saturday, December 5, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree, How Lovely Are Thy Branches...

Last Monday, we told the kids that we could put up our Christmas tree only to remember that when we moved, we left the artificial tree behind! The kids were so upset about not putting up the tree like we said we would, and all week they kept asking if we could go get a tree. I went grocery shopping yesterday and they had some nice trees for $25 dollars, and the kids were so excited asking if we could Pleeese get a tree to decorate tonight. I agreed to get the tree and on the way home, Connor said, "Gavin, you finally got your tree! You've been waiting forever for this tree." (I guess a week can feel like forever when you're a kid!) Then Connor said, "Mommy, I've been waiting my whole life for this tree. Thank you!" (So dramatic, but funny!) Here we are decorating the tree...
All I can say is thank goodness for those little plastic covers on the outlets because this little baby was ready to light things up!

Gavin and Mommy by the tree.

Connor, Gavin and (the backside of) Bo.

Connor loves to take pictures, and right as he took it Jason surprised me with a kiss.

The big boys did such a good job decorating the tree. They were so careful to try to evenly distribute the ornaments only to have baby brother come by and knock them all off! But, they were patient with him and would just say, "No, No Aidan" and then pick up the ornaments and put them back on the tree...over and over again!

The boys couldn't decide who should be allowed to put the star on top of the tree, so I tried to help both of them do it. (Did you notice that Connor has his pants on inside-out! I had pointed it out to him earlier in the day and he just laughed and said "whoops!" but apparently wasn't affected enough by it to bother fixing it.)

Time to bring in some presents.

The boys love this little book. On the outside it looks like a nice red Christmas door, but on the inside I have one family Christmas picture from every year (starting with the first year Jason and I were married) along with an explanation of presents and what we did that year.

On a side note, I love having a real tree this year. It smells soooo good and fresh and foresty! I love it.

2 comments:

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

So you opted not to cut down your own this year? Ha, Ha, ok, I'm teasing you- sorry! I love the Christmas book idea! That is really cute.

Yorgasons said...

Fun Katie!! I love that conner caught that precious family moment on the camera!! You guys are so cute!1 I love your tree!! We went with a real tree this year too and we love it!!