This happened a while back when we were staying at a hotel in Sacramento for my sister's wedding, but I forgot to blog about it. For a little background to this story, we've told the kids that coffee is not good for them because it has too much caffeine and that too much caffeine is not good for your body and can also stunt your growth. Well, when we went to the breakfast buffet at the hotel, Gavin went up to this really big black guy who was pouring coffee and looked up at him and said, "What are you doing?" He said, "Getting some coffee." I thought "Oh, no Gavin, please don't be rude!" That's when Gavin looks right up at him and says, "What are doing that for? Don't you know it'll stunt your growth?" He said it so seriously it was hard not to laugh given that he was saying this to someone who was clearly over 6 feet tall. Luckily, the guy laughed and said, "Well, I think I'm done growing so I think I'll be okay." I was glad the guy took it in good stride. Kids! What can you do with them?
4 comments:
That is CLASSIC! It's a good thing he wasn't a midget. :)
Oh my gosh I am still laughing!! That is hilarious!!! Good thing the guy took it well!!
I love this!
That is so funny! I can totally see Gavin doing this!
Post a Comment