Towards the end of my pregnancy my blood pressure was going up and since I had a previous pregnancy with preeclampsia, the doctor told me I needed to have limited activity to keep my blood pressure down. Then a few days before Jason had to leave for Georgia for a three day training for work, I had a doctor's appointment. My blood pressure was 150/100...not good. So, I was put on strict bed rest...not so great with my husband leaving town in a few days. There was no way for Jason to reschedule his training at this point, so I had Jason grocery shop and buy a bunch of pop tarts, crackers, etc that would be easy for the kids to help themselves to since I wouldn't really be able to help them. When my mom found out that I'd be home by myself on bed rest with the kids here, she surprised us by buying a plane ticket and flying out to take care of the kids and me until Jason got home. It was so nice to have her here...she was a lifesaver, because as much as I thought I had things planned out to take care of things while Jason was gone, there was just no realistic way I could have stayed down like I was supposed to without help. It was also great to get to visit with my mom, and the kids had a blast and can't wait to see Grandma Julie again.

Aidan loved getting a private violin lesson from Grandma. He actually held the violin really still and tried really hard while Grandma was here...impressive for a three-year-old!

My mom treated us to some fiddler's songs...Connor kept asking for more :)

We set the timer on the camera and got a picture of all of us...there I am ready to pop...I was definitely ready to have this baby and be off of bed rest!
No comments:
Post a Comment