Friday, July 10, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House

Last night, we met Jason after work at Applebees for a little family dinner before going to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple Open House. It was so nice to enjoy a nice meal together, and the kids were being really good which just made it all the more enjoyable. I always tease Jason for ordering salads, telling him that he needs to branch out a little, but I think he had it right because his salad was really good...much better than my sandwich, but he was patient with me when I kept stealing bites of his salad...even after teasing him for ordering it...what a good man!
Before the tour through the temple, we sat for a short film about why temples are important to us and the eternal nature of families. The big boys were really good for the film, but Aidan kept trying to run off, then I'd grab him and try to sit back down and he'd give his big, goofy grin to the people behind us who kept giggling and commenting on his cute little teeth.
For the actual tour through the temple, we put Aidan in a little umbrella stroller which, luckily, he sat in just fine and didn't try wiggling his way out like he does sometimes. The temple was beautiful. I haven't been to the temple for a while. I have good intentions, but it is hard to go when you have little kids to find sitters for, but I should try to go sometimes just by myself after Jason gets home from work. Being there last night for the open house just really made me want to go back. I love it there. It's so peaceful and bright and the Spirit can be felt so strongly. It's a break from the noise of the world and a comfort to my heart. The kids all loved looking at the beautiful chandeliers and the artwork of Jesus on the walls. Gavin really liked the baptismal font with the twelve carved stone oxen below it. As we were leaving the temple, I just really felt like I don't want this to ever end...this feeling, this love for my family...this togetherness, and then I had the strongest comforting feeling that it doesn't ever have to end...that it won't ever end, that I can be with my family forever, and that means everything to me. No matter what little trials and hiccups I have that come along in this life, while still difficult, they're not what really matters. As long as I have my family forever, that's what matters, and I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful family.



1 comment:

Corinne - Copyright 2013 PontiusFamilyUpdates All Rights Reserved said...

I'm so glad you got to go! I think it is such a good opportunity for the kids to be able to see inside a temple. My kid's favorite part was the cookie at the end!